Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Pita Mk. II

My friend gave me some delicious curry this morning, so I figured I ought to make something to give back. My first thought, then, was pita bread again.

Same procedure as last time, except ingredients were:
  • 2 tsps dry yeast
  • 1/2 cup warm water
  • 1 tbsp malt syrup

  • 6 cups white bread flour
  • two cups corn flour
  • 2 1/2 tsps salt

  • 3 cups warm water


  • They are not done yet, though I have high hopes. The problem, though, is in the naming! What do I call corn pitas? Tortilla pita? Torpita? Portittia? Portilla? Torpilla? Tortita?


    P.S. dough to wet to roll, cut back by a quarter cup water next time. Rolling in coarse cornmeal made the outsides too crispy/crunchy, I think I'll stick with flour and just dust them off when they're done with a brush.
    Corn taste not too prominent, I'll try a higher ratio next time.

    No comments: