Friday, January 8, 2010

Chocolate-Chip & Buttermilk Muffins

I am lazy. Very lazy. Especially when it comes to breakfast. Most days of the week I am just like 'ughhhh sunshine ughhhh I don't care wait what you expect me to slice bread, put it in the toaster, then spread stuff on it and get my hands sticky with jam and then crunch my way through breakfast'. Sometimes, it is fun to cook breakfast/brunch but most of the time I just do not care. That is why I bake muffins! Make a batch of one or two dozen at night, and you've got breakfast for a couple days to a week!
The requirements for these muffins was that they be fairly heavy and not too sweet, so that I can eat two or three and feel full but not bad.
Here goes!
  • 1 1/2 cups white flour
  • 1 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1 cup wheat germ (not toasted!)
  • 4 teaspoons baking powder
  • dash salt
  • 2 cups chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup buttermilk
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1/2 cup honey
  • 2 eggs
  • Cut up the butter and cream it with the honey, then add the butermilk and eggs and mix that together. Combine all the dry things in a bowl, form a well in the middle, then dump the wet things in and mix just until combined. Don't mix too much, but do be sure to scrape the bottom of the bowl for floury pouches.
    Plop the batter into a buttered muffin tray, and bake at 350F until done. Uh, I think that's, like, twenty minutes? I just wash dishes and clean up and check the oven until they look done and a toothpick/thin knife come out clean when inserted into a muffin.

    YUM.

    No comments: