Friday, January 22, 2010

Honey Cookies

Honey is pretty awesome. I don't know if it has any health benefits, and I'm purposefully not looking it up because I want to maintain my delusions that it somehow makes me well to eat lots of honey. I mean, it's a natural organic local product, right, it's got to be good for me?
Anyways, I made some honey cookies because I wanted to make some tasty cookies. Here goes!
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1/2 cup shortening
  • 1 1/2 cups honey
  • 1 tablespoon fresh ginger
  • 2 1/2 cups flour
  • 1 cup wheat germ
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • chopped nuts or chocolate chips for topping
  • Cream the butter and shortening together, then beat in the honey and eggs. When that's good and mixed, add the flour, wheat germ, and baking powder. Mix until you've got a good cookie dough, then form them into balls on the size of two tablespoons, dip in the chopped nuts or chocolate chips, and bake at 350ºF for 9 minutes. If you want smaller cookies, make 'em smaller and cook a minute or two less. I like big cookies.
    I also forced myself to make cookies without chocolate chips in them but decided to top the last batch with chocolate chips anyways because I am a fiend for chocolate chips.

    P.S. Serve with black coffee! They are pretty sweet and simple in flavours but pair well with strong simple flavours like espresso.

    No comments: